rear end sagging (92 735i)

I ahve a 92 735 -- the rear end is sagging. I've heard conflicting reports that A) new springs and B) it's normal for indy-rear end cars to that.
Any way to tell? the car has 163K miles on it.
Thanks -josh
--
Remove x's to send.

replace springs and possibly shocks, springs could be broken as well. with that many miles, shocks are likely finished as well

Good chance that car has self levelling rear suspension and that one of the hydraulic pipes has rusted through.
I do not believe mine came with that. I'll look; but when we had it on the rack nothing looked out of the ordinary (for me) so...
Is there a quick way to determine for sure?

Remove x's to send.

shocks are fresh -- just the sagging has finally gotten to me.
tx -j

--
Remove x's to send.