Similarity between E30 and E28 body...

How similiar are the E28 cars to the E30s? I am looking to see if the body lines are similiar down the side. Do the doors interchange? Reason I ask is that I bought a sideskirt kit from Erebuni that although it's supposed to fit, doesn't. Everything lines up except for the read wheelwell flare. The skirt lines up at the bottom but is almost and inch short at the top. I saw an older 320i today (narrow grill and extra lights) that I believe was an E28 but I didn't have time to chase it down to compare...

Reply to
Psycho

The only doors I know that interchange are the E12 and E28, the first and second 5 series cars. E30s only have some minor interior parts common. However, the E28 528e has the same m20 ETA motor as the 325e. Body panels are not interchangeable from E28 and E30.

Bill in Omaha '86 535i (and 3 previous E30s)

Reply to
Bill

Reply to
Psycho