This is a really stupid question...

But I have to know. Does my 2006 330i have an alarm? I assumed it didn't as no beeps or anything when locked with the remote, but yesterday I locked it with the key and heard a double beep. I didn't
really process it until just now and it could have just been another car in the parking garage. Guess I could go out there now and do it again, but I thought everyone might enjoy ridiculing me.
On Fri, 02 Jun 2006 21:38:23 -0700, Bacon wrote:

nope, no alarm. Unless you pay extra. I have 06 330i as well. when locking with the remote, no chirp, nothing.....
dealer wanted $695 to install an alarm. It's not needed.
daddy wrote:

I agree and it's a good approach by BMW to make such a useless feature an option. I can't believe most cars come with them now...what a complete waste of money.
Bacon wrote:

i have an alarm 2006 3,20d
Bacon wrote on 2 Jun 2006 23:38:41 -0700:

Wasn't that useless when mine went off just before Christmas right outside work (literally right outside the front door, with security cameras overlooking the parking area and it was 5pm with traffic on the road right outside, so plenty of witnesses) and I caught a teenager trying to rip my stereo out of my dashboard after having put my driver's front window through. Saved me the expense of buying a new one, and keeps my insurance down by not affecting my no claims bonus (as the window replacement didn't affect it).
Dan