What CD changer fits the 1991 525I?

We have a 1991 515i just given to us, the head unit is a cd and radio only, but in the trunk there is a mounting plate, a din plug and some other 2 wire
plug. So were trying to figure out what CD changer can go into the car, whether that be OEM or afermarket.
Any suggestions (want to keep it as reasonable in price as possible without sacrificing skipping etc).
Any suggestions
Thanks,

I presume you mean 525i.

AFAIK, no '91 came with a CD in-dash player. They came with a AM/FM/ Cassette that controlled the optional OEM 6 or 12 CD trunk player - which was a Pioneer.
The OEM wiring is unique; probably the aftermarket head unit you have will not control an OEM trunk player; you may be SOL.
Floyd
Im sorry, my mistake, the head units is an oem casette/radio unit, NOT a CD cassette radio unit. There is already a din type plug run to the trunk and a mounting plate, so i guess I need to know which pioneer changer to be looking for that would be plug and play. After driving around today to the local chain stores, the best they could offer were rf modulated changers which we dont want.
Any more help is very appreciated.
wrote

I have a unit removed from a '93 525it. Mine had a pioneer head unit. I'm not positive, but I think that some of the head units were made by Alpine, and the CD changers aren't interchangeable between the two.
Mine has two connectors, a din plug with 14 pins and a power connector in white nylon or plastic with two connectors. It is flat on the bottom, and has a sort of gable shape at the top.
If you are interested, and want to check it out for correct function, I can provide all of the model and serial numbers off the back, even digi-photos of the unit and connectors. I'll also provide full history on why the unit was removed and saved - long story.
Let me know. Don't hit reply, type in the email below with the "at" and "dots" replaced correctly.
DS toybox (dot)dale(at)gte(dot)net