Delco Radio & CD Changer Cross Reference

I hope someone can help me.

I am totally frustrated by the numerous part and model numbers of Delco radio and CD products for all the different GM vehicles. It seems like there is a different Delco number for every GM model and year.

Is there any table listing for Delco radios and CD changers by car make and model?

Specifically, I am looking for the proper CD changer (6, 10, or 12 disc) for a 1999 Cadillac Deville.

I just can't believe this isn't available somewhere, but I have searched for hours and come up empty.

TIA, Rich

Reply to
G. Richard Stidger

All this work could be avoided.

Have you considered just driving down to a local car audio store and having them do the work for you?

They could have a working direct connection changer in your car in about an hour.

Reply to
Masterson

Yes, I did try that approach. However, since the Caddy had steering wheel controls, only a Delco unit will work with them.

I also tried my dealer, and they were able to give me a couple of numbers, but they were unable to say what other units would fit and work correctly.

Also, each CD player seems to have both a part number and a model number. Often only one of those numbers is available.

If money were no object, I'd just go to my dealer and tell him to install a player and whack my VISA for $700+.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Rich

Reply to
G. Richard Stidger

Reply to
Joseph Zarrello

Thanks for the link, but ACDelco only makes parts, not radios. Radio products are made by Delco Electronics - different division.

Rich

Reply to
G. Richard Stidger

That worked for Me when I went through the same thing you went through with My CD changer. Don't matter what division makes it, theres only one part number for all. If I put in My changers part number on that site now it gives Me all the Cars it fits in.

Reply to
Joseph Zarrello

Here's My number if you put it in 4 pages of Car matches come up.

25678544
Reply to
Joseph Zarrello

There's one on Ebay now, with the same number, Your 99 Deville comes up as a match when the list comes up on that AC Delco site.

Joe

Joseph Zarrello

Thanks Joe, I'll check it out again.

Rich