TH350 in a 55 Caddy w/331

Has anybody put a TH350 in a 54-56 Caddy with a 331? I have found an adapter, but don't know if the trans will fit without hacking the car up. thanks

Since I own a totally stock '53 Series 62, I'm interested as to why you want to do this.
~~R.Banks
My '55 is also totally stock. I don't show it and don't care about judging points. My transmission is aging and I want a cheaper/more reliable transmission for the next few years. I want the ability to return it to stock without wrecking it. I also have changed from generator to alternator for reliability.

That's how I am. I enjoy it. I couldn't own a trailer queen. No fun in that.

I've been lucky. My trans has held up well. I'll be interested to hear about your conversion, since it might be something I can do to my '53 down the line if needed.

I'm still on a generator. When that goes, I'll decide on repair or go alternator at that time. I've read up on it though, and it doesn't seem to be that hard of a conversion to make.
~~R.Banks