newbie th350 question

hey all,

have old cj7, 350 + th350. the tranny is leaking like crazy. can someone help me identify 2 nozzles/ports on the casing and their purpose?

one is on the driver side on top of the case pointing down. it has no tubing attached to it (it may have fallen off for all i know). the other is at the rear near the joint with the driveline(?). it has a tube attached that runs to the front and terminates with a plug and is attached to the firewall. this tube has a tear where it connects to the nozzle/port.

thanks.

Reply to
rottyguy70

The one with the hose and button vent is a high water line and is on the t-case, not the tranny and shouldn't be leaking fluid. If it is I would suspect too much fluid inside the t-case likely due to water input.

I don't know about the front hole.

Mike

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

looking under the car i see the pan soaked. the nozzle (or vent as you refer to it) under the driver side had some on it. is the tube currently attached to the rear vent necessary (should i replace it?)

Reply to
rottyguy70

The rear vent is the high water vent for the t-case and is very important!

Mike

" snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com" wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

On a 350 turbo, the front one in question will be a vent also (for the trans). Most I've seen don't have anything attached but if you get in deep water, you can put a hose on it & run it up higher if needed.

Reply to
pater