Windshield Wiper Change

I just spent half an hour trying to replace my wiper blades in a 2003 DeVille using Triple Edge refills that "fit any standard wiper frame".
They have a hard plastic frame and the guides on the Caddy shred the plastic when it is threaded (forced, actually)through them.
The original blades are rubber with two thin removable metal strips.
The instruction manual only talks about pushing a button in the middle of the arm and removing it. Does that mean I can't replace just the blade but have to replace the whole assembly?
There is a little plastic tab, but pushing it doesn't seem to release anything. How do you remove the arm?
When I'm not even smart enough to change my own wipers is really a discouraging day. Guess I better go get a box of Depends.
Thanks.
"fergetit" wrote: > I just spent half an hour trying to replace my wiper > blades in a 2003 DeVille using Triple Edge refills that > "fit any standard wiper frame". > They have a hard plastic frame and the guides > on the Caddy shred the plastic when it is threaded > (forced, actually)through them. > > The original blades are rubber with two > thin removable metal strips. > > The instruction manual only talks about pushing a > button in the middle of the arm and removing it. > Does that mean I can't replace just the blade > but have to replace the whole assembly? > > There is a little plastic tab, but pushing it doesn't > seem to release anything. How do you remove the arm? > > When I'm not even smart enough to change my own wipers is > really a discouraging day. Guess I better go get a box > of Depends. > > Thanks.
youll probably have to go with a new wiper blad instead of a refill this way it will come with the attachments youll need i used to work at auto zone and had to replace many wipers and never did anyone with a newer caddy get refills I guess its not that easy to do hope this helps.
--
Posted using the http://www.AutoForumz.com/ interface, at author's request