89 camaro tension belt

my husband is trying to replace my water pump, but were not sure how to loosen tension.
anyone have any ideas?

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

at the top. Just put a 1/2 inch ratchet into it like it was a socket, and just pull, one way will loosen the belt the other will try to make it tighter. Just pull it loose and remove the belt. Change the pump, and then reverse the process to put it back.
--
Cy Welch
89 Camaro RS 5.0 TBI