Engine removal on a fourth gen

I understand that although Chevrolet says the engine has to come out the bottom, it is possible to take it out the top. Neither way sounds like much
fun.
My question is has anyone here ever changed the motor on a fourth gen f body, and which way did you do it? Also, was it as bad as it seems, and would you do it again or pay someone to do it for you.
I have a 96 Camaro with an LT1 and 175,000 miles on it. It still runs good, but I know the day is coming.
Gary
Gary - KQ6RT wrote:

HorsepowerTV on SpikeTV did one of these not too long ago and they took it out via the bottom. While it didn't look bad, most folks don't have lifts, chassis dollies, etc. Coming out the top I would think you'd almost have to pull the whole front clip. As you say, niether option sounds like fun, nor a weekend project for the average guy like an older model would be to swap engines. Good luck!