Help.. new battery

I bought a brand new battery for my 88'Iroc Z-28 and tried to start my car,it turns over but won't start.Its been sitting for about a month.It was running fine back then.My guess is its not getting fuel cause I don't smell
anything under the hood.The fuel pump is fairly new it was sitting for a long time with no battery in it could I had screwed something up in it by not having a battery in it? Thanks to all who help..
Check the fuel pressure at the fuel rail. Also check for ignition output. Could be the coil. Let us know from there.
-- 98 Camaro

We checked to see if power was getting to the fuel pump ,and there was so we suspected it in deed was the pump.Now I'll replaced the pump twice before and it a real chore to drop the gas tank. So what we did was pull the carpet back over the tank and cut a hole in the sheet metal to expose the pump ,we cut the fuel lines and replaced the new pump .Then we cut some rubber hose to reconnect the lines .This will make servicing the pump alot easier in the future. Hope this help anyone who has the same problem.