Help!!! 205 Battery Light

Hi

I have a k reg peugeot 205 diesel the battery light keeps coming on all the time particularly when I am stopping and starting and when in first and second gear it stays on constantly then once I build up speed it just comes on now and again??? Just had a new alternator and battery in the last 5 months...any ideas what it might be???

Reply to
Baldrick

sounds like the alternator is faulty, just double check all your connections are clean and tight including the earth strap from your engine to the body. obviously ensure the belt is tight too. could be a diode or the regulator breaking down, both of which are part of the alternator. dont ignore it because its relatively new, we get cheap and faulty ones all the time. if in doubt have an auto electrician test it. steve. oxford.

Reply to
someone

I had the same fault and it turned out to be the alternator. Check and clean all the connections and make sure the belt is tight.

sPoNiX

Reply to
sPONiX

: should have added also put live from batt to ind terminal as well to cancel switch faults

Reply to
Mindwipe