help req turn signals crossed

Anyone seen this?: Turn signal lights both front parking lights, but the backs work normally. The indicators on the dash also both flash together. Flasher? Or a crossed wire?
This is on a 73. Darrel
I assume that you have checked the rear one that isn't flashing to make sure the bulb is good?. If so then I would look through the wiring harness under the hood for a short probably close to the lights. Even so the both rear ones should flash as well. Double check that the rear signals both work. If you find that the rear light isn't working then start checking all the logical places, under dash, going through firewall, close to lights, any sharp bends. Basically the whole wiring harness. Can be very time consuming tracking down a short.
Darrel Doehr wrote:

--
Reply to :Awenns at Sasktel dot net

Might check to make sure there aren't any single element (1156) bulbs in a dual element (1157) socket.