low fuel module

need help wiring the low fuel module on my 68. Can anyone tell me what goes where . thanks Bruce

Bruce Korsvoll wrote:

There is a semiconductor behind the fuel gauge on your console. This measures the voltage from the fuel sender in the tank. When it reaches a set point it goes [to ground if I remember correctly] which allows the bulb on the lower left of your speedometer clcuster to come on indicating low fuel.
I never got this thing to work after it burned out a few years back [I've had my '68 for 36 years]. A replacement semiconductor is available from 'Rick's First Generation' in Georgia but for such a simple device it is NOT cheap!
I will fix this someday using a simple zener diode but I have other problems with higher priority.
Good luck.
Smiley Ashton
I got the wiring figured out the problem now is the module won't fit in place.the light bulb(not sure what it's for) hits the tubing on the back of the oil pressure gauge.Not the tube from the motor the one that connects to the needle. Is the light required and whats it for?The gauges are NOS and the base is a repo not that I think thats the problem.Thanks Bruce

goes
measures
it
lower
had
'Rick's
problems
Hi Bruce,
From what I remember you are not supposed to put a light bulb in the module's receptacle. That receptacle was used for other GM car but, if I remember correctly, you could damage the module by powering it with a bulb installed. You're supposed to click the module into the console gauge carrier without a light bulb. Can anyone else confirm this?

point
[I've
cheap!
Thanks for all the info. I have the module in place and will be trying it out soon.Bruce