low fuel module

need help wiring the low fuel module on my 68. Can anyone tell me what goes where . thanks Bruce

Reply to
Bruce Korsvoll

There is a semiconductor behind the fuel gauge on your console. This measures the voltage from the fuel sender in the tank. When it reaches a set point it goes [to ground if I remember correctly] which allows the bulb on the lower left of your speedometer clcuster to come on indicating low fuel.

I never got this thing to work after it burned out a few years back [I've had my '68 for 36 years]. A replacement semiconductor is available from 'Rick's First Generation' in Georgia but for such a simple device it is NOT cheap!

I will fix this someday using a simple zener diode but I have other problems with higher priority.

Good luck.

Smiley Ashton

Reply to
smiley ashton

Reply to
Bruce Korsvoll

Hi Bruce,

From what I remember you are not supposed to put a light bulb in the module's receptacle. That receptacle was used for other GM car but, if I remember correctly, you could damage the module by powering it with a bulb installed. You're supposed to click the module into the console gauge carrier without a light bulb. Can anyone else confirm this?

Reply to
David R. McCoy

Thanks for all the info. I have the module in place and will be trying it out soon.Bruce

Reply to
Bruce Korsvoll