removing the fuel sensor

Hi,

If I want to repair the fuel sensor of a '75 camaro, which only picks up two readings: off-chart to the left, and off-chart to the right when empty.

I take it that I need to take down the tank first? The assembly manual shows the sensor to be fixed on the top of the tank.

However, I wonder about my fuel lines... they are metal tubing, which are not flexable. How should I remove the tank without damaging the fuel lines?

I'm an amateur mechanic... is fixing the sensor doable? I have no car jack, and would have to do this with the car sitting on the ground.

thx,

Bram

Reply to
bram stolk

Generally, there is a rubber hose that connects the fuel line to the tank line. You could have just a broken ground wire, but I forget how to diagnose the sender. I don't remember if it goes that a broken ground and the guage reads full or empty. I thought that I read it in a chiltons service manual.

...Ron

--

68'RS Camaro 88'Formula 00'GT Mustang
Reply to

Does that ground wire attach to the top of the tank? Where should it attach to the chassis?

thanks,

bram

Reply to
Bram Stolk

I went out and looked at my books on the subject. Both of the books I looked at say that the ground wire is connected to the floor pan.

...Ron