1946 Chevy truck...

Hi,

A friend of mine has a old 1946 Chevy truck. The motor number and chassis number are handwritten nin the car's documents: Chassis: XBPW-3056 Motor: DEA?252405

Do the above numbers seem to be correct? I'm unsure about the 'A' in the motor number and its final '5' might also be a 'F'.

Where do we look for the chassis- and motor number on these trucks?

We need quite a few parts this this truck. Any suggestions for good stores and places to ask for parts?

Thanks a bunch ;-)

Geir

Reply to
Geir Holmavatn

The numbers don't look right......check out the link below. More likely should read 3604 for the model and DAA for the 216 Engine

Augustus

There is a Plate on the firewall about 3 " X 2" under the Hood it should be Silver in color The Engine # is on a pad Where the Distributor Goes in The Block

Geir Holmavatn wrote:

Reply to
tom

Thanks.

Unfortunately we are not able to locate the chassis number plate. There is a chance that it has been removed, can someone say more explicitly where we should look for it? Upper / lower, RH or LH side of the firewall..?

best regards

Geir

Reply to
Geir Holmavatn

Upper left just Below the Voltage Regulator

look for the Rivet holes

Geir Holmavatn wrote:

Reply to
tom