200,000 miles

1990 Chevy 1500 305 V-8, 5 speed. "White Devil" just flipped over 200,000 miles and still running strong.... going for 500k. ;)
Reply to
CCred68046

Sounds great, keep up the good work. I once saw an article about a Cadillac Limo that had over one million miles with the original engine and tranny untouched (except for routine maint.). It just goes to show that they can last a long time with proper care.

****************************************** I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it. ~ Thomas Jefferson ~
Reply to
Rich B

Reply to
Buzz Lightyear

You gotta name yer trucks!

Mine (88 C1500) is "Chelsea", my wifes (98 Sonoma SLS) is Ruby. The El Camino is aptly dubbed "Thirsty".

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"
2003 S-10, shooting for 200,000 miles or even more with it. I think that can be done.

It's named "Mystique", because I liked that name at the time.

If you're a troll, consider yourself well fed now.

William

Reply to
William R. Walsh

Reply to
Mike Levy

ROFLOL!

Adair

Reply to
Adair Winter

Well, Big Ten, has 320,000 but he's about had it. Change the oil, stay out of salt water, and hope White Devil wasn't built on a Friday or Monday. If I see a white '90 flying by me I'll wave!

1990 Chevy 1500 305 V-8, 5 speed. "White Devil" just flipped over 200,000 miles and still running strong.... going for 500k. ;)
Reply to
Ann Meffert

Gee Doc, I just thought about my 1975 El Camino with the Laguna front end. He was a beauty, but I never named him. Sold him in '78 to buy Big Ten. I always hope that whoever buys my belongings takes care of them, but I also hope never to see them again in case the new owner looks upon them as just "used stuff."

You gotta name yer trucks!

Mine (88 C1500) is "Chelsea", my wifes (98 Sonoma SLS) is Ruby. The El Camino is aptly dubbed "Thirsty".

Doc

Reply to
Ann Meffert

My 91 just turned 250,000, burns no Mobil 1 and runs like a top. Also had a new crate motor put in at 220,000 by the previous owner, although I understand at the time it was running great, he was just getting nervous.

Reply to
Troy

"Mike Levy" wrote

Tip from a Dodge runner: Put Tufoil in there -- it's good for about 40% more engine life. It also gets better mileage. The engine will run cooler, which may require a hotter plug or thermostat.

Ed Light

Well, part of my "beast" is up to about 370,000 - the engine. It's worn out

2 other trucks entirely, and in it's current home, 1 front axle, 2 transmissions and a *lot* of other parts.....smokes a bit on startup, and leaks some at the valve covers, but for a (free) '69 350 that's never had the heads off, I'm not gonna complain at all! :-)

Jeremy

Reply to
Jeremy Chavers

"\"Doc\"" wrote in news:BMuab.6736$uF3.28 @nwrddc01.gnilink.net:

I call my S-10, the Beast. For the fact that it isn't a huge meat machine of a truck.

Reply to
John L. Wilkerson Jr.

You don't happen to have a 454 or a 502 in that El Camino by any chance do you?

;-)

Reply to
Trey