New Truck warranty 3500's F-350?

Does anyone know why Dodges and Fords have a 100,000 bumper to bumper and Chevy's have 100,000 on the deisel and 36,000 on the rest? I know you can buy extended warranty on the Chevy's. The guys That haul campers mostly drive Dodges because of the warranty. anfd most of them will tell you they like the Chevy's better. is there a higher price difference on the Dodge and Ford trucks that actually is covering what we can buy on the Chevy's.

Reply to
Bob Perkins JustaBenz

I don't think so. If you were to spec out a Chevy and Dodge with comparable options, the Dodge would actually come out cheaper.

Dodge is probably able to give the 100K warranty on the Cummins engine because that's the deal they have with Cummins. Maybe Isuzu wasn't so generous with GM? And Ford can do it because they wanted to try and stay competitive with the Dodge/Cummins in the warranty department.

Reply to
Greg Surratt

Most of the guys who haul campers buy the Cummins powered Dodges because they are a far better Diesel than the Ford and Chevy versions.

-Tony

Reply to
Tony Kimmell

Well, aren't ford diesels internationals? I think I'd rather go with an engine made by a diesel company...

GMC Gremlin

message news:...

Reply to
GMC Gremlin

Most of the guys who haul campers buy the Cummins powered Dodges because they are a far better Diesel than the Ford and Chevy versions.

That's not what a lot of them will tell ya.....A few guys have already left the Dodges because they are tired of listening to them mile after mile...2 of the guys I am reffering to went to Chevy's after seeing and hearing my 04 LLY. They didn't want the 03 injector style or setup whatever that means. I am not a mechanic by any means. but something to do with it being easier to get to the 04 injectors if there was to be a problem. there is a guy who has an 01 Duramax Dually with almost 300,000 on it now and he said he has only put $700 in an injector repair which happened around 240,000 miles. of course there's your belts,hoses,Oil changes etc etc

Reply to
Bob Perkins JustaBenz

I'm not sure where you're trying to go with this.... International has made diesels for a looooooong time, so has cummins and isuzu. I hear people complaining about "the isuzu duramax" like it's the first diesel they've ever made... Isuzu's only built around 30 million diesel engines.

What I'd like to see is a Caterpillar in a LD truck.... I'd love to find a way to stuff a 300HP 820TQ Cat C7 into my truck woowoo!

-Bret

Reply to
Bret Chase

In my agg diesel class we had an I6 that I could fit my head in the calendars (not really) weighed as much as a car... I wanted that in my truck.... (S10)

GMC Gremlin

Reply to
GMC Gremlin

Hi!

Calendars? (Yes, I know what you meant!)

This wasn't some new extension of the engine computer, now was it? :-)

William The Smartacre

Reply to
William R. Walsh

No, it's "spell check". It causes the modulated difribulator ice cream machine to run.

GMC Gremlin

Reply to
GMC Gremlin

A diesel company? Hello... what kind of company do you think Cummins is??

-Tony

Reply to
Tony Kimmell

Maybe I'm used to the noise... since I put up with it every day at work. My semi has a Cummins in it as well. (just a bigger version of the B-5.9 that goes in the Dodges).

Most of the people hauling those campers are old men... no wonder they don't like the noise. You know, the kind with the 40 foot tall camper top and 20 reflectors on the back of their truck. The ones you see driving in the left lane going 50 MPH.

-Tony

Reply to
Tony Kimmell

DUDE. IS everyone less retarded than me?

I WOULD RATHER GO WITH A CUMMINS OR AN INTERNATIONAL IN A FERD OR A DUDGE.

DUH..... LIKE.... FROM A "DIESEL COMPANY" NOT LIKE FROM A "CAR/TRUCK COMPANY" LIKE TOTALY....

GMC Gremlin ~dude

Reply to
GMC Gremlin

A buddy of mine just called me. his FERD turbo just went out "again" on his 2004

Have a Great One ! Bob :)

Reply to
Bob Perkins JustaBenz