Re: ford F-350

Could be as I have the 265s stock on my 99 SRW 250 SD.

Matt

99 V-10 Super Duty, Super Cab 4x4
Reply to
Matt Mead

I think the problem is that 265 tires will not have the clearance between the tires. They are to big. Suggest that you stick with the stock sizes. Lifting is not the problem. You must have clearance between the duallys.

Reply to
Mellowed

Reply to
Jeff Nowak

Actually, the difference in ground clearance comes from the DRW having

2" blocks in the rear, the F-350 SRW has 4" blocks in the rear.
Reply to
Dan Kemp

Many thanks to both you and Dan. I'm not even from Missouri and I still have a 'show me' complex. I found the tire chart

thatdefines the RPM for the 265/75 and 235/85 as both being 657 RPM. I alwayslearn something from these NGroups. However, I can't visualize how the 2" vs. 4" rear blocks affect ground clearance. I think the ground clearance is measured from the bottom of the differential. The blocks affect the body.

Any comments??

: > 99 V-10 CC 4x4 : >

: > : >I think the problem is that 265 tires will not have the clearance between : > : >the tires. They are to big. Suggest that you stick with the stock : > sizes. : > : >Lifting is not the problem. You must have clearance between the duallys. : > : : > : : > : Could be as I have the 265s stock on my 99 SRW 250 SD. : > : : > : Matt : > : 99 V-10 Super Duty, Super Cab 4x4 : >

: >

:
Reply to
Mellowed

You are correct. The first Super Duty DRW 4x4 had 4 inch blocks, but they don't anymore. I think they only ran it for a year or two with

4" blocks. He was refer> > Actually, the difference in ground clearance comes from the DRW having
Reply to
Dan Kemp

Reply to
Ford Prefect