Question about a cam sensor replacement - 95 Jimmy 4x4 W series 4.3L

Hi there,

I need to replace a failing cam position sensor. I have the 95 W series vortec motor. Is this sensor removable/replacable if I pull the dizzy cap and rotor out or do I need to pull the whole damn thing? Is this a 15min job or something I need an afternoon with a half-dozen beers to complete?

Thanks Andrew.

Reply to
AWN

REMOVAL PROCEDURE

1.. Disconnect the negative battery cable. 2.. Disconnect the electrical connector from the camshaft position sensor. 3.. Remove the camshaft position sensor retaining screw. 4.. Remove the camshaft position sensor. INSTALLATION PROCEDURE

1.. Install the camshaft position sensor. 2.. Install the camshaft position sensor retaining screw, torque to 4-6 Nm (35-53 lb. in.) . 3.. Connect the electrical connector. 4.. Connect the negative battery cable. Regards, JR

Reply to
JR