Remote door lock fob

Lost a set of keys along with the remote door lock fob. Can this item be replaced with another one? If so where would I need to but it from and what information would the vendor need?

TIA,

Jim

Reply to
Gordon

You need to be more Specific. Is it a Stock one that came with the car? A Aftermarket one that's also part of a Alarm system? You should be able to get a new one. Then program your system to the new one.

Reply to
JBDragon

Sorry for the lack of details. Stock Chevy Suburban, no after market alarm only OEM door lock unlock. Did find a couple on various web sites. Says they have to be programmed.

Thanks

Reply to
Gordon

Check EBay - you just need the info from the other fob that you still have.

Reply to
George

I know on my 03 Silverado that to program mine, I just have to hold the 2 top buttons down(Lock/Unlock) at the SAME time in front of the Dash about 6" away for a few seconds unless the key simple in the dash (it was either Comes on, or FLASHES). It's been a while I don't remember. Pretty simple. Was told this at the Chevy dealer when I needed to do mine.

Reply to
JBDragon

"Gordon" wrote in news:d7q6go$1fhu$ snipped-for-privacy@spnode25.nerdc.ufl.edu:

Go to

I've bought two remotes from them with no hassle and they work great. They provide OEM equipment. David

Reply to
David Wilkinson

Thanks David. They look to have just what I need.

Reply to
Gordon