2007 Corolla remote door lock beep

Does anyone know if it is possible to set a horn chirp when you lock or unlock the doors with the remote? This is for a new 2007 Corolla.

Thanks!

Reply to
Wayne

Check your owner's manual, I believe that it is possible to set the system to give a beep.

Reply to
Ray O

"Ray O" wrote in news:e0224$45cfa722$47c2b532$ snipped-for-privacy@msgid.meganewsservers.com:

I checked the manual and there isn't a mention of the horn chirp at all. I'm wondering if it can't be done.

Reply to
Wayne

If the owner's manual does not mention a horn chirp, then the Corolla may not offer that feature or it may be a dealer programmable item only. Check with the dealership where you purchased the car.

Reply to
Ray O

Last summer, local news here said the police were adding that "chirp" to their list of sounds covered by night time noise ordinances. Since so many car owners are clueless about living amongst civilized people, I wonder if Toyota got ahead of the curve and eliminated the noise feature. You don't need it anyway. Don't the lights blink?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in news:FK2Ah.2569$ snipped-for-privacy@news02.roc.ny:

Yes the lights blink and the directional lights in the dash flash.

I called the dealer today and they thought it could be programmed in the computer with a scan tool in the "options" menu. He is going to check it out. I'll let you know when we get the car to the dealer and the results.

Reply to
Wayne

Good. When you find out, don't do it, unless you live at least 500 feet from your neighbor's bedroom window. Otherwise, they're allowed to shoot you, your whole family, and all your pets.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

A lot of these alarms installed at the "Factory" either ARE really installed at the Factory, or are installed at the POE (um, Port of Entry)

I know a guy with a Scion like mine that has a totally different alarm, because in the souteast US they installed the wrong type...but I digress.

A lot of these alarms are the SAME ones you can buy off the shelf, but 'modified' for the OEM. As such, certain features are not only disabled, but not even wired up, or, worse, missing totally!

Best thing to do is to try and find out what type of alarm you have installed and then see if it can be activated. I don't know what they installed in a 2007 Corolla...

Reply to
Hachiroku