Remote Fob

How do you program a remote fob for your car - is it a diy job or does you r LR dealer have to do it?

Also will a defender 110 key fob work on a freelander?

Reply to
Quigs

Try this.... snatched from a quick google search...

"Try this:

  1. Starting conditions: ignition off, doors unlocked, hood switch depressed.
  2. Carry out instructions 3. to 9. within 8 seconds.
  3. Switch ignition ON.
  4. Switch ignition OFF.
  5. Lock doors.
  6. Unlock doors.
  7. Release hood switch.
  8. Switch ignition ON.
  9. Switch ignition OFF. If alarm is correctly accessed, horn will sound and LED will light. It is now possible to program two handsets of correct frequency to vehicle alarm ECU. This must be carried out within two minutes.
  10. Press and hold down button on first handset until dash LED flashes.
  11. Repeat instruction 10. for second handset.
  12. The LED will extinguish if both handsets have been programmed correctly.

It may work, but then again it may not. All the usual disclaimers apply etc..

Bye. Orlando"

HTH

Lee D

Lee_D
110 Tdi 1997/8

new fob/ reprogramme via Test Book

£45 £45

who said Ronnie Biggs is in Belmarsh, I reckon he works for the LR dealer in Kent.

Can't be done other than via that bloody test book, interesting when the software won't run anymore !!

Reply to
Hirsty's

[snip]

At a glance, that looks like the instructions I used on my disco when I got a new keyfob (that LR don't seem to make anymore) from

- cheaper than LR too... :)

Worked a treat. Only problem is that the button on the keyfob is slightly proud of the fob surface, which means that when I grip the keys in my hand[1] to unload/load, I usually end up hitting the button by accident.

Cheers, Aled.

[1] Originally typo'd this as "nad"...which produces some interesting mental imagery...
Reply to
Aled Treharne