92 Shadow question..

I recently had the timing belt replaced on my Shadow (2.5, auto). I noticed that the bolts through the two motor mounts on the wheel wells on each side were in a different position than they were out of the factory. Should I be concerned?

Reply to
Deke

They probably unbolted it so they could move the engine sideways to get at the belt easier

On a front wheel drive car any time you move the engine you need to recheck the alignment of the cv axles to make sure they are not cocked off.

During normal operation of a car there is flexing that will eventually throw off the alignment of the engine in the engine bay. So if they were paying attention when they tightened down the mounts again they would have checked the alignment and most likely moved the engine. Of course, if they wern't paying attention they would probably have moved it anyway.

If you had the forsight years ago to get a "lifetime" alignment at an alignment shop on this car, it would probably not be a bad idea to take it in again for another "free" alignment.

Ted

Reply to
Ted Mittelstaedt

On 1987 Dodge 600 with 2.2 engine (it was 7-8 years ago) , when replacing the timing belt I discovered that the rubber in the engine mount has completely degraded. I discovered this, when I noticed that I could not get the mount alinged back at the original spot.

I would check the condition of the rubber inside the mount to ensure that it is not degraded.

Thanks,

Alex

Reply to
april1st

Thanks for the replies guys. I'll take it back to the mechanic and see if he will get the engine back where it should be.

Reply to
Deke