87 Shadow

Hey I have a 87 Shadow (Automatic)and the camshaft locked up and the crankshaft spins on the timing belt. Does anyone know if it bent the valves? I know it does on some, but have heard both ways on this model. I am seeing if I need a new engine or just a new camshaft(or bearings) and timing belt. Thank you very much for your help, Wil

Reply to
OurGodlivz

Lost cam timing does NOT bend the valves on any engine that would have come stock in an 87 Shadow.

There is no such thing as replacing the camshaft bearings since the cylinder head material itself is the bearing surface, if the cam seized there could be a number of reasons including, oil supply problem, warped head, etc.

A remanufactured head is your best option.

Reply to
Neil Nelson