different gas, different gas mileage

no but i see you're waiting with baited breath, so you must need that info very bad before you can add gas to your car. you must be stranded in a hotel somewhere......

hell i just have to make a phone call to the amsoil dealer/shop owner who gave me the info in the first place and i'll get the info, but i thought i had it written down somewhere. i didnt think anyone was waiting to find out before he could move on with his life, but you proved that to be wrong. sorry you are suffering from boredom.

Reply to
Rob

"Rob" wrote in news:4b904451$0$21010$ snipped-for-privacy@unlimited.newshosting.com:

I like Red Wiggler worms, myself. They're great with smallmouth bass.

Oddly, carp love corn kernels. Weird fish, they are.

Well, I have to pay the government a certain amount every month for this dump, so it must be a hotel of some kind.

Oh, I am, I am. You promised, now cough it up!

But you promised! And you fibbed, I really think...

Reply to
Tegger

I have noticed differences between brands and octanes. My Tercel did best with Gulf 93 octane, ~44MPG combined. Using 89 octane it would be about 39.

Also, Shell didn't go over well with my 4 cylinders, but ran well in my LHS. I got about 28 combined in the LHS using Shell Ultra (Vermont station, at that time NO ethanol!)

Around here, Gulf seems to do the best. We do not have Chevron ( :(...I like Techron, too...) or Amoco.

Reply to
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B

yes the Cadillac of worms

Reply to
Rob

We now have that Chevron ethanol notification here in Western BC. At least it will soak up the moisture in our gas tanks.

Glad our 2.7 Sebring, 3.3 Concorde & 3.5 300M get better mileage than the PT cruiser.

Reply to
Josh S

Got Texaco? Its the same gasoline s (ChevronTexaco is one company now, just like BP/Amoco, ExxonMobil, Royal Dutch Shell, etc.- merger madness a few years back.) The odd thing is that most of those companies kept their lubricating oil operations separate after mergers. Mobil engine oil is different than Exxon, Havoline is different than Chevron Delo, etc. Of course Shell is the nuttiest- they own and market Shell (non heavy duty), Quaker State, and Pennzoil under the SOPUS (Shell Oil Products US) corp, but their heavy duty oils (Rotella in the US, Helix elsewhere) are yet another division, and all the oil formulations are measurably different if you look at an oil analysis of each. Kinda like GM of the 1960s- not that many parts would interchange between a Buick and a Chevy.

Reply to
Steve

I thought Shell and BP were the same company.

Reply to
Bill Putney

BP owns Castrol.

Reply to
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B

And Amoco... unless something changed while I wasn't looking. These days that's entirely possible!

Shell is still part of Royal Dutch.

Reply to
Steve

The only thing BP and Shell have in common is being 'British' (Shell founded by a Brit, was then Anglo-Dutch for a hundred years, now nominally Dutch because HQ only in The Hague). Both shares traded in London (not only there).

BP is now bigger than Shell.

DAS

To reply directly replace 'nospam' with 'schmetterling'

Reply to
DAS

Royal Dutch owns Shell Oil Shell Chemical Pennzoil Ouaker State Motiva Enterprise is a joint venture between Shell Oil and Saudi Aramco.

When it comes to deep water offshore oil exploration, you will see Shell Oil, BP, Chevron-Texaco and many others team up in partnership to develop deep water wells in the Gulf Of Mexico.

Reply to
Licker

Again I have seen what 'looks' like an immediate drop as soon as I put chevron in. I had the "fastgas" stuff in and just before filling up I reset the mpg computer and drove the last mile. It ran up to over 24 mpg during that mile. Filled up with Chevron and since then I have tried over and over doing resets and driving a mile and the best I've been able to do is almost 22 but mostly it's barely breaking 20. I'm going to do the same thing on the next fill up except it will be the reverse, I'll do a "last mile" check on teh chevron and a first mile check on the fastgas.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

ammsoil 100-1. 1oz to 5 gallons. some guys are successful at 1oz to 10 gal, but not everyone.

some guys reporting up to an additional 4 MPG. cant confirm that personally.

Reply to
rob

Interesting that its Chevron.

My previous car ('08 Nissan Altima 4 cyl) regularly got two MPG less on any brand but QuickTrip. My new car ('09 Infiniti G37s), over the first 7700 miles, has gotten consistently 3 MPG less on any brand EXCEPT Chevron.

I use the mileage computer as a real-time reference, but do the actual calculations the old fashioned way (miles driven divided by gallons used).

It appears to me the variable is the cars themselves rather than the gas.

Reply to
E. Meyer