Re: different gas tanks

Hey all,

> > I am going to be replacing my '74 std gas tank in the near future and I was > wondering what if any sugestions people might have for a replacement. > > The obvious answer is to order a new version of the same one I have. > However, I have also seen oversized ones and the cylindrical aluminum ones. > I realize that anything but a standard would probably make it impossible to > use the filler door but that is ok. > > Has anyone had any luck with any of these? Also I need to be able to have a > fuel sending unit hooked up. The oversized I think uses a standard one, but > does anyone know if the aluminium tanks can even take a sender?

Interesting project. I'm looking into a racing fuel cell for my kit car. Check out JEGs. Couldn't hurt with a front-mounted gas tank, and they do come in reasonable sizes but that funny shaped front space .. yer on yer own. :) FWIW on my '72 I got a new tank from Mexico. It's okay. John C suggests they be coated, so consider that if you get one.

Reply to
J Stafford

Alright now,...............those of you having a website to get one, share the "canadian" gas tank with this feller.

If my memory serves correctly, I believe there's a good quality one made in "The Great White North"

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply MUADIB®

MUADIB®