Fuel Injector Cleaner - Beneficial @ 122K?

I've got a well-maintained 2000 Concorde LXi with 122200 miles logged. I've= had a recent change in driving pattern over the past 7 months; more short = trips, less long. MPG has dropped to 23 from 23.4. I was considering adding= injector cleaner to a tank or two but was advised against it by a auto-voc= ation teacher. He claims it may disturbed or dislodge sediment, particles, = or what have you that may clog the fuel pump and complicate maters.

Comments welcome. I'm still inclined to try a few bottles.

Reply to
jaygreg

a recent change in driving pattern over the past 7 months; more short trips, less long. MPG has dropped to 23 from 23.4. I was considering adding injector cleaner to a tank or two but was advised against it by a auto-vocation teacher. He claims it may disturbed or dislodge sediment, particles, or what have you that may clog the fuel pump and complicate maters.

First, more short trips and fewer long trips would account for the drop in mpg. Second, your auto-vocation teacher is full of shit.

Reply to
bllsht

've had a recent change in driving pattern over the past 7 months; more sho= rt trips, less long. MPG has dropped to 23 from 23.4. I was considering add= ing injector cleaner to a tank or two but was advised against it by a auto-= vocation teacher. He claims it may disturbed or dislodge sediment, particle= s, or what have you that may clog the fuel pump and complicate maters.

I think in the long run, it will be beneficial to use injector cleaners. donot expect to see a result overnight but in long run, you will see it.

Reply to
ulas c coskun