Man, 65, dies after his car slams into pole in Glasgow

A 65-year-old man was killed Saturday afternoon when he lost control of his

1970 Plymouth Barracuda on Del. 896 (Summit Bridge Road) in Glasgow and slammed into a pole, police said.

The victim's name was not released.

The crash was reported at 4:39 p.m. on Summit Bridge Road, 400 feet north of Sweethollow Drive, said state police Sgt. Paul Shavack.

The driver was heading north at a high rate of speed on Summit Bridge Road when he lost control of his car, Shavack said.

The vehicle rotated 90 degrees clockwise, veered off the right side of the road and slammed into a utility pole, Shavack said.

The victim was thrown from the car, and the vehicle split into three sections, with the engine block traveling 100 feet from the point of impact, he said.

The utility pole was sheared in half.

The victim was pronounced dead at the scene.

Prior to the incident, the car ran out of gas on the right shoulder of Summit Bridge Road, south of Howell School Road, and family members brought the victim gasoline.

After he was gassed up, the driver took off at a high rate of speed and crashed, Shavack said.

The northbound roadway was closed at Howell School Road for three hours while the crash was investigated and the wreckage was cleared.

Reply to
rob

DAS used improper usenet message composition style by top-posting and unnecessarily full-quoting:

You obviously did not visit the link given.

This happened in the municipality of Glasgow, in the US state of Delaware.

Your first clue that this probably was not Glasgow Scottland is that it involves a 1970 Plymouth Barracuda.

Reply to
MoPar Man

that's no clue. they love our classic mopars over there.

guy I know in Colorado bought a 71 Convert hemi 4 spd car in the south of France.

Reply to
rob

Yes, the car is no clue.

And Scotland has as many t's as tea...

And now I have learned that there is a Glasgow in the USA (but I am not surprised).

And I am not surprised that MoPar is still in the usenet police. Time to mellow, ol' boy...

DAS

Reply to
DAS

:-)) Evidently...

Actually, I thought that a well-meaning thought was the intention, even before I got to the end of the article, which does quote a professor: "This claim is trying to imply that there is something special about bottled water which is not a reasonable claim." (I.e. tap water is just as good.)

The implied benefits of still-bottled-water manufacturers are ridiculous. In countries where tap water is safe to drink (which is most of Europe and NA for a start) it is stupid and ecologically unsound to drink bottled water, especially when it has been shipped hundreds of miles, unless the taste is perceived as not so good.

BTW, the 'bendy banana' was a myth. I don't remember who started it but I would not be surprised if it was a British tabloid newspaper.

DAS

Reply to
DAS

I mean *still* bottled water...