Why does my radio suck?

Touring Edition, The base factory radio in my 2010 PT Cruiser Classic sucks, even with replacement triaxial Pioneer speakers. The frequency response and bass response is not there (compared to the 2006).
What changed between years?
Reply to
Steve Stone
That's good.
There will be one less car somewhere to bother home-owners in the middle of the night with juvenile thumping coming out of your car as you drive by at 2 am.
Car audio is a complete waste of money, and at some point you'll grow out of it.
Spend your money on a good home audio system instead.
Reply to
MoPar Man
I am in bed by midnight. Work begins in the early morning at o dark hundred.
I am 50+ years old, not looking for thumper material, thanks, just good all around freq response for listening to jazz, etc.
You miss the mark with your response. The question is: Why did the base radio in a 2006 sound so much better than the 2010?
Reply to
Steve Stone
In the UK we have an occasional TV series called Grumpy Old Men. MoPar would go down well there, not just because this post...
DAS
Reply to
DAS
wrote:
I'm going to assume it's the same radio I have in my 2009 PT and mine, with factory speakers, sounds great to me. My experience with aftermarket speakers is that a lot of them really don't sound very good. I bought some really highly rated Polk Speakers a few years ago and they were so bad I took them back out and returned them. The only brand I've had any luck with have been Pioneer and JVC. How does yours sound with a CD? A lot of FM stations don't seem to broadcast a very high quality sound.
Reply to
Ashton Crusher
The 2006 Touring Edition I owned (until totaled, box truck slammed into back of the PT while stopped at a traffic light, pushing the PT into the dump truck in front of me, guy was too busy looking down text messaging) had exceptional good audio reproduction qualities using the base factory radio. Night and day difference between the audio of the two same radios but different years, 2006 vs 2010. I'd only rate the 2010 factory audio response as "typical" of what you would expect of a base factory radio. The Pioneer speakers were an improvement over the factory speakers. I saw a write up that suggested parts suppliers for the 2010 PT were getting the same cash from Chrysler they received in 2009, so the suppliers downgraded many of the parts to match the funds received since their costs had increased.
Reply to
Steve Stone