PCM ?

Hi all. Why is it that the PCM does not communicate with the transmission nor the ABS and also not with an other one wich I dont remember. Aparently that's the cause why the cluster is not fonctioning, as I have tried an other one and nothing doing. I am just comming out of a garage where I have been 3 hours doing all the possibles tests and searching, and they coul'nd fix it. So they sais that it is the PCM that is défect. But it has been changed 4 months ago at a Chrysler dealer. Any suggestions? Thanks

L.G.R.

Reply to
L.G.R.

Which vehicle/year? Is this a pci bus problem (that's the single-wire bus over which all the modules communicate with each other)? The other module is probably the BCM. Air bag module too. ATC module too if it has that. The pci bus is generated by the BCM. Any one of the other modules could develop a fault that could drag down that bus (or the BCM itself could have the bus-killing fault), and without some good troubleshooting techniques, it would be hard to know which module was the culprit.

Does the cluster show "no bus" in the odometer window? I'm out on a limb here not really knowing which vehicle, but making some guesses.

Bill Putney
.

"Bill Putney" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@mid.>> Hi all.

Thank you for answering. The car is a 98 Voyager Expresso

Is this a pci bus problem (that's the single-wire

The BCM also have been changed for a new one 4 months ago along with the PCM. Cost me 1700$ for both (wich I regret). But aparently you cannot change the PCM without changing the BCM also as they have to be programed both for the car.

Air bag module too.

In the steering? Have been repared at the same time under company recall. (The famous spring for the horn, the air bag and the cruise.)

ATC module too if it

That is still fresh in my memory what the mechanic told me but it is like chinese for me. Have a good day. L.G.R.

Reply to
L.G.R.

Now that we know year make and model, check the connectors directly under the battery tray to see if they are all corroded. That is a common problem if the battery has been leaking acid.

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

just because you replace a pcm does not mean you also need to replace the bcm what a line of crap the dealer fed you esp. if the parts are new now if it was a used pcm set up for skim and your ride did not have skim then the bcm would be junk the bus system you have is a 2 wire bus

"L.G.R." wrote:

Reply to
philthy