2008 Jeep 4.7L V8.....

I heard from a dealer a month ago or so the 4.7's production in the 2008 Grand Cherokee was stopped because of a design/assembly problem. That engine new this year is specified to run with E85.

Has anyone heard any more on this?

The only model I was interested in is the limited which has the NAV and only comes with the 4.7 V8 (not the larger hemi V8).

Thanks,

Dave

Reply to
Dave C.

No, the Limited comes with the 5.7 L V8 as an option (listed at $645 at

Admittedly, now that the 5.7 has only 30 more hp than the 4.7, there's less of a reson to buy it.

Reply to
Lloyd

More compact, more torque, easier to service in the long term (no uber-long OHC timing chains).

I'd have to go look at those ratings again- the 5.7 must get the usual huge de-rating that the v8s (other than the 4.7 HO, for some reason) generally get when put in a Jeep and saddled with restrictive exhaust systems. In every other application its got a lot more than 30 hp advantage over the 4.7.

Reply to
Steve

Not this year. The 4.7 went up from 235 to 303 (Durango, Aspen) or

305 (Grand Cherokee, Commander). The 5.7 stays at 335 (Durango, Aspen) or 330 (Grand Cherokee, Commander).
Reply to
Lloyd