Citroen Dispatch/ Jumpy

Hi, I am considering getting a Citroen Dispatch/ Jumpy panel van and I was wondering if anyone can give me any info regarding the model, it's performance, durability, pro & cons etc; anything at all about the van.
Here in Singapore, we only have the indirect injection 1.9D model available but I saw on Citroen websites there is a 2.0 direct injection model available. What are the differences one can tell from the 2 beside the increased hp & payload ? Which colour should I pick ? Red or White. Any comment (English pls) is very much appreciated. Many thanks.
Apart from Citroen, there is the Fiat Scudo 1.9 which looks similar to the Jumpy model, are they from the same manufacturer afterall ?
Add pictures here
‚úĖ

That'll be the HDi - a newer motor, so in newer vans (in those countries that get 'em, it sounds like)

It's meant to be a far better motor, but more complex.

And the Peugeot Expert. Peugeot and Citroen both use the same motors, the Fiat uses the Fiat JTD motor. All built in the same factory, though - the PSA and Fiat group vans (and people carriers) are all the product of a joint venture that dates back to the aborted merger between Citroen and Fiat in the early 70s, before Peugeot bought Citroen to form PSA.
Add pictures here
‚úĖ

Mmmm, I'm not 100% sure, but methinks the Fiat vans use the same PSA engine, rebadged JTD.
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
Gasket ( snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Ah, OK. I assumed it was the same motor as the Fiat group JTD car engine, same as the HDi is the "usual" PSA car one. Having a quick look at the websites, though, it looks like you're right - just a badge job.
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
So the Citroen should be a reliable van under normal usage with no heavy cargo at all I presume ... anyone has got bad experiences with the 1.9D Jumpy/ Dispatch at all ?
We don't have the 2.0 HDi model here .... yet.

joint
Add pictures here
‚úĖ

The 1.9 ('XUD') is a traditional Diesel engine, which is presumed to be one of the most reliable engines in the Citroen/Peugeot range. I've heard of these passing the 600'000 km mark without problems.

The HDi is much more modern: it is completely controlled by computers and electronics (common rail injection system) and though usually it seems to be working reliable, there has been word of some flaws caused by software and/or sensor incoherency problems (although one has to say that similar constructions of other manufacturers [VW, Daimler-Chrysler] seem to suffer more from such problems).
So, under tropical conditions, it is probably wiser to rely on the proven 1.9D which might explain the unavailability of the HDi in your place.
We've owned a Berlingo HDi (as family van) for a over year and 23'000 km now and nothing bad has happened, although I prefer to refrain myself from meditating too much about the complexity of the electronic control system... time will show how well this works.
Don't know more about the Jumpy, though...
Greetings from Germany Hartmut
--
Please use 'Reply-to' for personal e-mail.
Bitte fuer direkte emails 'Reply-to' benutzen.

Add pictures here
‚úĖ