Citroen Xsara Jerk

Just got myself a nice 2000 Citroen Xsara 1.8VTS with 30,000 miles on the clock - virtually the same as the Pug 306.

When I'm driving (doesn't happen when stationary) if I lift off the throttle completley and abrupbtly, the car jerks like you wouldn't believe. It only happens when the engine is under load (OK when coasting along on the motorway). If I press the clutch in or lift off the throttle gently instead, it's OK. I would expect some jerk by doing sudden movements, but not to the same extent. I'm expecting the engine (and car) to gradually slow, not feel like somebody has tapped the brake pedal.

I thought it might be the lower engine mount bush, but this has been checked out to be OK. So, I'm wondering if it's a engine related problem. Other than this, the car is pefectly fine. Any ideas?

Reply to
Steve Gibbs

check out

faults John

Reply to
johnnie scott

Thanks for the tip. Did a bit of digging on the site, but no treasure. :-(

Reply to
Steve Gibbs