citroen-pr.net replacement

Dear All,
Am I being really stupid, or is the replacement for citroen-pr.net (service.citroen.com) no longer free to search, except for cosmetic parts?
I'm only trying to find a lock cylinder for my Mk 1 Xantia at the moment, so it's no big deal to go to the parts desk and ask, but does it mean that I'm quite a lot more on my own in the future if I want to do replacement of anything more esoteric than that by myself?
Ambrose
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
Ambrose Nankivell ( snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Somebody is being VERY stupid - unfortunately, it's Citroen, not you...
It was too good to last... <mutter>
Add pictures here
‚úĖ

Thanks. I certainly wasn't impressed. It'll probably mean I scrap the car earlier if I can't do so much myself. Whether that will cost them money? Who knows?
‚úĖ
Ambrose Nankivell ( snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

No reason to scrap the car sooner - I dunno about the Xant parts 'fiches, but the XM ones are readily available. Anyway - just ring up and hassle the Cit parts guy, making sure you say "Well, I used to look this up myself on citroen-pr.net - perhaps you could pass on that it's increasing your workload...?"
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
gurgled happily, sounding

Err, sorry but how does not being able to look at a parts diagram / catalogue mean that you might need to scrap the car?!
Add pictures here
‚úĖ

Making it difficult to look things up makes working on it more of a chore, makes it more likely I'll take it to the garage for work, which makes it cost more which means it becomes uneconomic to keep earlier.
‚úĖ
gurgled happily, sounding

Whimp!
Non franchised garages face that problem daily, also if you have the car in front of you I really don't see why you need to 'look things up'...
Add pictures here
‚úĖ

Well they didn't until the service was removed. ;)
I can see how it'd be extremely annoying for them to be looking at an extra Ä950 a year if they want to get at it though.
And it's nice to have a visualisation if you can. I'm not denying I'm a wimp, though. Or at least fixing cars is something I like to do occasionally if it's easy, rather than anything hardcore.
‚úĖ