PT Cruiser horn replacement

Has anyone replaced the inadequate horn on 2004+ Cruiser? Is it a do-it-yourself job? ANy suggestions for a LOUD horn replacement?

Reply to
CLK

It's not that there's something wrong with it, it's just that for the 2003's and later Chrysler decided that you didn't need both the high-note and low-note horns, so they took high-note out. Well, I agree there is something wrong with Chrysler doing that.

You can buy a new high note horn, wiring connector and self-threading bolt from a wrecking yard, and splice in and bolt on the horn under the passenger-side front wheel liner. I hope they are still drilling the 2nd hole for the horn, otherwise you gotta drill it yourself.

The penny pinchers at Chrysler won on this round, unfortunately, I guess the horn (as it is) is loud enough for the US government.

SRG

Reply to
SRG

Replacing horns is not hard. Accessing them can be depending upon their mounting. Loud horns? Sure, lots of choices. My preference is for the

140mm "illegally loud in Germany except on emergency vehicles" Bosch units. *evil grin*
Reply to
Daniel J. Stern

Reply to
Sean Ulmer& Heather Ulmer

The Ahh-ooga horn is my favorite, as people are amused rather than pissed off by it.

Reply to
Bret Ludwig

I was going to link to the "Motor-Mate" Mini-Cooper farce commercials for the Hey Horn, but the pages have been removed. They had a video that was moderately funny.

Bill Putney