Numpty roof bar question

Hi all
I need to fit roofbars and a roof box to my Xantia (1996 saloon) for camping trips. I'm sure that Halfords or Citroen will sell me some to fit but, having never looked closely at one fitted to a Xantia, I'm
unsure how they attach. Do I have to drill holes in the roof or what? Any tips and advice on makes etc would be great.
--
Malc

Add pictures here
‚úĖ
Malc ( snipped-for-privacy@ubht.swest.nhs.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Yep. Drill holes, and use bloody gurt big bolts straight through...
<grin>
No, you get a special "fitting kit" for each model of car, which clamps on to the top of the door shuts.
Have a look at some of the online suppliers - Thule kit is excellent, and there's a lot of people sell 'em off websites at far better prices than Halfrauds et al - but I *think* these were the guys I got a bike rack off a few years back :- http://www.roofracks.co.uk /
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
gurgled happily, sounding much like

6 inch nail and bend the end over?

Thanks
--
Malc

Add pictures here
‚úĖ
Adrian wrote:

'Clamps' could be misconstrued by someone thinking of the old gutter clamps :o)
There are threaded holes in the top of the frame above each door, where you attach the brackets. They are covered with small stickers and painted over, but if you run your finger along, just under the rubber, you'll find them.
Alan
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
Alan Vann wrote: