Re: Citroen Xantia - cooling probelm - aircon(?)

DIr wrote:

It could well be the Bitron sensor although I've not had to replace one. Try asking on alt.autos.citroen (I've just cross posted it there for you.
--
Malc

Cheap, but not as cheap as your girlfriend
‚úĖ
Malc wrote:

I think the Bitron unit is hidden under some bracketry behind the nearside headlight, but don't quote me on this.
Fan problems on the Xantia are frequently due to bad contact/wiring on the three relays between the fans. They should both run at half-speed with the air con on and full speed when the engine temp gets too high.
Try pulling the brown plug off the sensor on the thermostat housing, the fans should run at full blast.
Have a search on http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/index.php This subject comes up frequently :o)
Alan
--
Warning! - This newsgroup may contain nuts....
Mail sent to this address might get read....Eventually