How rare is our car? 1966 Dodge Monaco Red Convertible

Hello
My father owns(soon to be mine) a 1966 Dodge Monaco Candy apple red Convertible, 383CI, 4 barrel, automatic transmission.
He is the originally owner. THe car has 72000 origial miles, the car is all
original except for added power steering. The car was purchased in Canada.
The dash is different from that of the Dodge Monaco 500 which seems to be the more common monaco of that year?( my guess) Maybe the monaco 500 was more common in the USA? Were the Monaco's sold in Canada a little different(like in the dash)
My father is the type that is not interested in what it is worth or how rare it is, he does not show it in shows or anything, but still takes good care of it. I will inherit this car soon and was wondering how rare this car is? From my searches on the web and what i have seen on ebay, this particular model seems to be a rare breed.
Is there a website or anyone out there i can contact to see how rare this car is?
Thanks in advance for your help
snipped-for-privacy@SPAMSUCKSrogers.com
remove SPAMSUCKS to reply
On Mon, 22 Dec 2003 16:34:14 GMT, "Labradorian"

The Canadian and American Monacos in the sixties were different.

On Mon, 22 Dec 2003 16:34:14 GMT, "Labradorian"

________
Interesting. Are you sure it's a Monaco? The Standard Catalog of American Cars shows NO Monaco convertibles, although ragtops were made as Coronets, Coronet 500's and Polaras. The Monaco was a specialty hardtop coupe that was made to compete directly with Pontiac's Grand Prix.
Marshall
On Tue, 23 Dec 2003 06:23:26 GMT, Marshall Schuon

Like we have said, Canadian and American Monacos were different. The US Monaco and Polara in '66 shared the same body - and Polara converts were available in the USA. Monaco Converts were available in Canada.
Hello Marshall
Pretty sure! Owned it since 1966(new) I wish i had a digial pic for you. I have a bunch of photographs here in front of me.
You probably will not find it in that catalog because it is a Canadian version of the car. He ordered it with the 383CI engine, it was an option, the 318 being standard.
Thanks
Glen
wrote: | | >Hello | > | >My father owns(soon to be mine) a 1966 Dodge Monaco Candy apple red Convertible, 383CI, 4 barrel, | >automatic transmission. | > | >He is the originally owner. THe car has 72000 origial miles, the car is all original except for | >added power steering. The car was purchased in Canada. | > | >The dash is different from that of the Dodge Monaco 500 which seems to be the more common monaco of | >that year?( my guess) Maybe the monaco 500 was more common in the USA? Were the Monaco's sold in | >Canada a little different(like in the dash) | > | >My father is the type that is not interested in what it is worth or how rare it is, he does not show | >it in shows or anything, but still takes good care of it. I will inherit this car soon and was | >wondering how rare this car is? From my searches on the web and what i have seen on ebay, this | >particular model seems to be a rare breed. | > | >Is there a website or anyone out there i can contact to see how rare this car is? | > | >Thanks in advance for your help | ________ | | Interesting. Are you sure it's a Monaco? The Standard Catalog of | American Cars shows NO Monaco convertibles, although ragtops were made | as Coronets, Coronet 500's and Polaras. The Monaco was a specialty | hardtop coupe that was made to compete directly with Pontiac's Grand | Prix. | | Marshall