Value of an El Camino rustbucket?

Page 2 of 2

No offense intended - to readers of the group or the car. It was once a fine vehicle, but my neighbor's ability to care for it couldn't keep up with New England weather - it's just sitting and rusting. It hasn't really bothered me; it's when I got feedback from a potential buyer that it became an issue. In today's crappy real estate market, I have to listen to such complaints.
I'm pursuing a simpler solution that may even get me off of this group's collective shitlist: if I can get him to move it about 20' (yes, I'll pay), that will get it away from the foot of my driveway. I'll be happy, my realtor will be happy, and maybe people will stop accusing me of trolling.
Zip
You'd think that was cool? I'd think the neighbors where stuck in the 80's and probably still had mullets and acid wash jeans.
El camino's were an abomination to the auto industry, one of the worlds ugliest vehicles even when new, I feel Zip's pain. The only good place for one of those catastrophies is a junk yard.
puked:

Hi, Jeremy. Welcome to the group. Since this is the first time I have seen you or am replying to you, let me say that you and zipper head are mediocre trolls at best. I should know because I've been called one of the best.
Now run along and don't walk in front of my 66 Elky on the way or I'll run your ass over... -- lab~rat >:-) Do you want polite or do you want sincere?
I'm going to guess you don't even have your GED. That's ok, the world needs grade 9 drop outs too. Really, who pissed in your cornflakes buddy? Why don't you go back home to that sheep humpin cousin f*ckin buckwheat hick town your apparently from, put your sandwich board down and shut the f*ck up?!
puked:

Does your mother know you type shit like this on her computer? -- Old Crow "Yol Bolsun!" '82 FLTC-P "Miss Pearl" '95 YJ Rio Grande BS#133, SENS, TOMKAT, MAMBM

If he's breaking the law (city bylaw perhaps?) can't you call the city and have it impounded?

since you seem pretty insitant on the removal of the vehicle here is one in excelent conditon for about 20,000+
http://www.classiccarmall.net/classified2-816.htm
there are some others on this site as well
Look over the project cars on the site as well and see what people are getting for them and then figure on paying out some real cash if you want the rust bucket in question.
In answer to your question, without knowing the year or the true condition, I can only tell you this. A 1987 Chevrolet El Camino SS 2D with all the amenities provided by the factory, according to Kelly's Blue book would be worth the following..... Excellent Condition - $5855.00 Good Condition - $5380.00 Fair Condition - $4775.00 Poor Condition - N/A 1987 was the last year the El Camino was manufactured in the United States. General Motors Australian subsidiary, Holden still builds a model similar to the El Camino. Theirs is based on the Grand Prix and can be seen at this web site. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holden_Ute General Motors has no plans on importing them at this time. I hope this information is useful in your endeavor to rid your neighborhood of a rusting eyesore.
David Knutsen snipped-for-privacy@yourpantsmchsi.com
remove "yourpants" to reply

When I was a kid a guy on the block who kept junk vehicles on his property was OK as long as they were ON his property and not visible, i.e., fenced off or enclosed. If visible they had to be licensed, You could not park on the street for more than 24 hours continuously. Didn't matter if it was a brand new vehicle.
We had a mean ole sumbitch that kept a junker Caddy on the street and would move it just often enough to keep the cops from doing anything. After we'd had enough of it someone went out and bought a junk truck of their own with a crude homemade wrecker bumper and, when the ole sumbitch was at church, drove right into the back of his rusty Cadillac as fast as they dared and jumped out and into a waiting getaway car and away. 'Course they never found out who did it. Sumbitch, of course, then had to pay to have both junkers hauled off.
I know who did it. He died of cancer a few years back, but out of respect for the family i don't think naming him would be called for.
puked:

So let me get this straight, the guy was breaking no laws and you guys ruined his car while he was at church?
And you wonder why your buddy died of cancer? -- lab~rat >:-) Do you want polite or do you want sincere?