1967 corvette convertible (fair price)

I looked at a 67 convertible this weekend. I am trying to determine what is a fair price to offer. Here are the details:
1) NEW PAINT (EXCELLENT) 2) INTERIOR (GOOD)
3) NOT MATCHING NUMBERS 4) ENGINE NOT ORIGINAL, 350 MODIFIED HAS LESS THAN 500 MILES ON NEW MOTOR 5) CONVERTIBLE TOP (GOOD) 6) CAR RUNS AND HANDLES GREAT
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks, Mark

What kind of options: head rests, 4spd/auto, leather, PW, PB, A/C, hard top, speed warning speedo, factory-style side exhaust, tilt/tele steering, bolt-on aluminum wheels?
What was the original engine? Take a look at where the redline of the tachometer is. A car that was originally a 427 is going to have a higher price than one that was a 327. Among the 427s, a 435er will have more potential than a 390 hp. I can't recall the exact redline figures for the different engine options - perhaps someone else will chime in.
Are there any body modifications like flared fenders? Does it have the spare tire carrier and a spare?
Just some things to investigate further...
Here's waving to ya - \||||
Owen ___
'67BB & '72BB
-- not affiliated with JLA forum in any way -- alt.autos.corvette is original posting -- ___
Mark Mathews wrote:

Hard for anyone to tell you that, especially without seeing the car. My ballpark guess is low 40's. 67 prices are crazy at the moment.
Original engine adds a lot to price, as do desireable options (like a/c or big block or original knock-offs) or a strong paper trail of the car's past history since new. Body modifications detract from price, as do non-original colors or interior, or lack of a valid title. Try looking at past (completed) sales on eBay to get an idea of prices (I think you have to be registered with them in order to search completed listings), and note that many of them never reach the seller's reserve (high expectations). There is a lot of attempted/actual fraud on eBay Corvette sales; I wouldn't ever consider buying a Corvette from eBay without first seeing the car.
Be sure you've looked as closely UNDER the car as you have on top, because serious frame rust or birdcage rust would cost a fortune to correct. My advice would be not to buy at all without having a Corvette expert (ie, someone like an NCRS judge) look at the car for you.
On Mon, 24 Oct 2005 10:04:12 -0500, Mark Mathews

I was buying the car...but like TOM POINTED OUT IN ANOTHER POST people are "sold" on matching numbers .. .

block #'s 4 bolt vs 2 bolt, and itemized list of what went into the engine would change my opinion of the engine (and the car) by 1000's of dollars...

===========> I normally do not drive in rain ..but a new top runs about 300 bucks + installation...no big deal

===========> Very important...I would want to know how the car"pulls" thru the Rpm range...and how tight it was (steering etc)....

Sorry but without really looking at the car and driving it nobody can really tell you...
Friend sold his 67 at Carlisle in 2004 for 49K, same car (4,000 miles later) sold for 59 at Carlisle in 2005...It was a Nice car, not original engine, but the replacement engine was a fast burn 350...and pulled like hell...!
Mid year prices are UP (as usual) ...& 67's are leading the way as always...
figure at least 40k....
Bob G.
ROFL. A friend runs a web site to help out with Corvette stuff. He ended up charging because of questions just like this.

do with the car, the paint can make a big diffeerence.

the car?

advantage depending on what you plan to do with the car.

If you see a recurring theme, it is what do you plan to do with the car. NCRS-type judging or restoration, Bloomington Gold competition and restoration, fun weekend toy, investment, sports car and those events, drag racing, autocrossing, car club show and shine shows, and more. Each have their requirements and the car can either fit or not fit. Not fitting means it can cost you $$ to make it fit.
Big thing, what are they asking?
All, thanks for taking time to respond to my email. The asking $ 45K. More information on the car:
1) FRAME OFF RESTORATION 2) PAINTED ORIGINAL COLOR 3) NO HARD TOP 4) P/S 5) P/B 6) VINYL INTERIOR, NO HEAD REST 7) NO AC, P/W 8) 4 SPEED MANUAL 9) FACTORY SIDE EXHAUST 10) I BELIEVE THE ORIGINAL ENGINE WAS A 327, RED LINE ON TACH LOOKS LIKE 57 11) BODY MODIFICATION, IT HAS A BIG BLOCK HOOD
Thanks, Mark