Fair Price

Looking at buying a different Mustang. I found a guy selling a 2001 GT made to basically be identical to a Saleen. It looks like one, but isn't authentic. Here is what it has:

4.6 Supercharged V-8 Custom Exhaust (not sure on brand, hopefully Borla) 53,000 Miles Saleen Body Kit Leather Interior Short Throw Shifter Gauge Pod on Dash Silver/Gray Color Bullit Rims Other extras (pedal covers etc.)

The car is in great shape, and the guy who owns it is a mechanic so it has been well cared for.

The guy told me to make an offer. I don't know what would be a good place to start on it. I've been looking at prices online and it seems like GTs with similar features are selling for $10,000-12,000. This obviously has more than a GT (Supercharger, exhaust, rims), but it isn't a Saleen so it has to be somewhere above that I would imagine.

Thanks

Reply to
drew.kettwick

If you are getting a loan for this car the bank will only loan you what a GT is worth, extras don't count much on to the value, A saleen is worth more because it's titled as such, a clone is just a clone, the VIN says its a GT. I'd personally offer around 12-13K. My 2cents worth!

Mark

Reply to
Mark M

Chartered banks won't loan on a 7-year old vehicle. You will have to take out a personal loan. For whatever that is worth, there you go...

I too wouldn't pay much over a GT price, maybe a little more for the add ons, but not much - these parts aren't worth much used - maybe, I'd guess,

33% of the new price on the parts..., unless they are practically new and you could take them off and sell them, and then what could you get, maybe 50% of new? Why would I pay 75% of the new price for a used part unless it WAS almost new. Used, 33% is probably close, 50% max if it's in very good shape.

Pay what it's worth to you, and if it isn't enough for him, why would you spend more to buy it?

My 2 cents.

Brad

Reply to
Brad and Karen