1975 head lights

My head light sticks when opening up, chiped the paint. How can I adjust it so it won't rub on the body

Check to see if the fiberglass hood surround panel is separating from the metal header bar near the front of the hood opening.
Open the hood, look in front of the hood at the headlight area, and check the metal panel to see if it is still attached. These rust out badly in the '70s cars for some reason and the panel separates. When it does, the headlights hit.

it