Head Lights 2003 Chevy Pick up

Anyone know how to program the lights to come on when you start the truck?

thanks, John

Reply to
tnboatman

Greetings,

I believe that your 2003 and my 2004 are substantially the same when it comes to this. Unfortunately, the owner's manual does not list anything about setting your headlights (not your daytime running lights) to come on automatically when you start the truck unless it is dark outside and you have automatic headlights. However, there are two ways for you to do this yourself.

First, if your truck has automatic headlights (the type that come on when it's dark outside without you flipping the switch) then all you need to do is take a small piece of either duct tape or dash carpeting and place it over the sensor on top of the dash, which is usually located either around or inside one of the defroster vents. Covering the sensor makes the truck think it's dark outside and automatically turn on the headlights. That is the easiest and simplest way to do this.

The second involves a little sarcasm on my part... Just turn on the switch for the headlights! Is it really that hard? Sorry, I couldn't resist...

Cheers - Jonathan

Reply to
Jonathan