1988 A/C Blower Question

New to me 1988. The A/C system is the old GM style w/ the two slides and a 4 position fan speed switch. There does not seem to be much air flow even on Max and high fan.
There is a difference between each position but on low there is almost no air and the fan is bairly moving. Wandering if this is normal or if the motor, relay, resistor, whatever might be bad.
--
Tony

-

I have the same problem in Tampa, FL. With a black interior, in a convertible, good air is very much desired. I asked my corvette shop, Classic Corvettes, about the problem, and basically the answer is that is all she puts out. The A/C is mediocre.
If you find a solution to this problem, please tell me about it.
Bart
tony thomas wrote:

Bart wrote:

help. Some sources say it's much better than either R-12 or R-134. There's a web site that says it doesn't carry lubricant very well. My A/C guy wasn't carrying FR-12 last year and had no opinion on it. He kept me on R-12. He's thinking about carrying it next year. Here are a couple of URLs:
<< http://www.refimax.com/products/fr12_advantages.htm#vs
<< http://www.bizjournals.com/pacific/stories/1996/07/15/story6.html
PJ

I have a '90 black-on-black coupe in southern Indiana with the optional A/C package, and cold air is not a problem. Overheating, however, in 90+ weather, is sometimes a problem.
(We also have two Chrysler minivans, and the A/C is much colder than either of those).
Mike Squires 90 Z51
--

Mike Squires (mikes at cs.indiana.edu) 317 233 9456 (w) 812 333 6564 (h)
mikes at siralan.org 546 N Park Ridge Rd., Bloomington, IN 47408