1990 C4 Side Mirror fix

Hello

I have a 1990 C4 which the left-side mirror is rattling. Not the housing, but just the mirror itself is jiggling. Wanted to know if there's a screw that I can tighten without taking the whole mirror housing apart, or do I have to take off the whole door panel and take off the mirror housing to fix the problem.

Any guidance would be appreciated

Thanks Garry

Reply to
haigoo

ya kinda answered your own question. you will probably need to replace it to fix it...

my2¢

Reply to
'Key

May just be the adhesive has come loose on the mirror class. Talk to your local glass replacement shop about them resetting it.

Reply to
Dad

please post the fix when ya find out.

thanks

Reply to
'Key

Just grab the glass and pull it off..there is a small metal cross piece that is most likely loose or broken.where it connects to the back of the glass...see what the problem is and just push it back on..no need to take the door apart..if you can't fix your mirror buy one on ebay and just switch the glass part and cross piece onto your mirror housing..that is by the way a common problems with GM mirrors....( another crappy GM design..will they ever learn )

How many foreign cars do you see with exterior door mirror problems..zero,none,..!!! ( not even Ford Or Chrysler )

Reply to
Redbull

And you drive a _____ ? And your here on the corvette group to ____ ?

kickstart