68 corvette engine id

I recently Inherited a 1968 Vette. I was told it is very rare, and Im trying to figure out exactly what I have. The motor is a 427 tri-power, 435 hp! On the back of the block, the number is 3963512, this is a 69
engine code. In the middle of the block in the back is cast GM, and right under that a big number 8. Next to this number, on the passenger side is K 4 9 On the front of the block, passenger side is CE078267. On the drivers side of the block, next to the oil filter is cast-- K HI-PERF PASS 4 My cylinder head numbers are 3919840 and HI-PERF is cast in them also. I have the protect o plate for the vehicle also. The transmission is the Muncie M-22, and numbers from the protect o plate and VIN are stamped on the tranny too. The car has every GM option that was available in 68. I do know from the vin #, that the car was built in late May of 68. There is a plaque inside the car, right under the emergency brake handle, stating that the car was especially for my uncle, and was given to him by the CEO of General Motors at the time. Any help you can give me in finding out what the heck I have here would be greatly appreciated. John
hooch wrote:

3919840 Late 1967-69 big block heads used on 67 427 Corvette, 68-69 Camaro, Nova, Chevelle 396, 68-69 Corvette 427
3963512 1968-71 Big block used on everything from 427 to 454 including Corvettes.
Reference: Cars & Parts Catalog of Chevy V8 Engine Casting Numbers 1955-93
Over at http://www.mortec.com , they list the block as a 1969 427 only. The heads are 67-69. Here's they're definition of the CE078267 code:
"There is another type of stamping found on some blocks. This is the "CE" code. You might see something like this "CE123456" on the front pad of the block deck on the passenger side. The "CE" which alternatively has been known to stand for "Chevrolet Engine" or "Crate Engine" was used on blocks that were warranty replacement motors. The "CE" prefix was also used on "over the counter" blocks and engines. If a customer had problems with his original motor, while it was under warranty, it was replaced with an engine that was stamped "CE" with a number of numeral digits following it which serialized that particular engine. Likewise if a purchaser bought a new motor from the Chevrolet Parts counter, the front pad on the pasenger side of the block may have been stamped with a "CE" code."
More from Mortec:
"Usually the "HIPERF" casting on a head indicates a rectangular port head, but I have found one large oval port head with "HIPERF" showing in the rocker arm valley. This was head casting number 14092359 and was off of an '87 tall deck 427 truck motor."
According to the Corvette Black Book for a 1968 Corvette 427:
The block should be casting 3916321 or 3935439 The heads should be casting 3919840 for a 435 hp
It's not a numbers matching Corvette but I'm sure that quite a few of us here would be willing to take it off your hands for a discount...
smob wrote:

--
Eugene Blanchard
http://www.catsasskustoms.com