68 vette--mildew

A friend has a 68, stored in his brothers garage under a cover. Opened up the car and everything is a wonderful color of mold.

It has cloth seat covers, anyone know of a way to get rid of it without any more damage.

Ken

Reply to
Ken King

My 68' Camaro has a similar problem. I cleaned everything with a chlorine solution and it was good for a while. The mold came back after a though. Now I'm resigned to just replace my houndstooth seat covers and buns. My seats are part cloth and part vinyl and I don't see any other way to get rid of the mold. It's a good thing I'm just putting my car back together or I'd be pretty upset about the extra cash I have to lay out for the replacement Interior pieces.

...Ron

--

68'RS Camaro 88'Formula 00'GT Mustang
Reply to

you might try an ozonator. the ozone should kill stuff at a high enough concentration, although it can also damage some plastics.

Reply to
Charles Spitzer

Or try this.

ETar ('77 Stingray)

Reply to
E_Tar

An acqaintance used it to clean the smell out of his car carpets after some water damage. He was all praise for it. Never used it myself. Don't think I can get any anyways, they don't ship to california.

Reply to
E_Tar

Reply to
Steve G