C4 Metal On Body

Deja vu all over again. We just had a thread on this in the past week or so.

Easiest thing to do is mount it on the dash, just behind the windshield (inside the car like they tell you NOT to do). It works perfectly fine ~ 95% of the time.

You can either put a little piece of Velcro on it and the dash or, as I did, mount a very small piece of sheet metal* (talking maybe 3/8" x 1") on the dash with PSA and let the magnetic antenna cling to that.

*I'd bought one of those little magnet holders for my cellular phone and this came with a small black piece of metal with PSA on one side. Its purpose was to attach to the back of the cellular phone in case it was not magnetic. Didn't need it for the cell phone but it worked just fine to stabilize my little XM radio puck on the dash of my '84 convertible.
Reply to
Unquestionably Confused

Bob I

Hi

I would like to know if there is any small metal area on the body to place a magnetic XM radio antenna.

Thanks

Dan

Reply to
Blk89er

Suggest you dig back to the earlier thread. "Sirius" in the subject line

-- but it dealt with both systems on C4s. That thread showed that results vary with year built. I've had my Roady2 antenna up to 130mph on the C4 and the magnet holds it fine--neat installation, very little shows. Bottom line is that outside antenna works better in northern latitudes and has fewer hiccups around tall buildings and in and out of tunnels, overpasses etc.

-- PJ

Reply to
PJ

I use the Sirius antenna on the dash of my steel cars/truck without problems, but I just thought of something. I use it on my sailboat - INSIDE. It's fiberglass. I'm gonna try it on the Vette, under the rear compartment fender. Should work most of the time. Radio waves go through FG. I have a Sirius ready Kenwood on the Vette that I didn't add to my account because of the antenna issue. Thanks for getting me to think.......Craig

PJ wrote:

Reply to
Vette.One

As everyone else has mentioned, center of the dashboard as close to the windshield as possible works great in my 96. I only lose signal when you would no matter where you mount it such as in a tunnel etc. Rob

78 & 96 Coupes, Red of course
Reply to
Scubabix