colors

I just saw a Dodge truck at a Walmart which appeared to be new and was burnt orange in color. Upon leaving the Walmart I saw a 07 vette also the same color. Off topic: the vette had to be an '07 with a
license plate that read "07vette" (nice name).
Is it just a coincidence or is burnt orange a popular color? If it matters it was in the south.
<rob> wrote in message

It came out on the 05 as Daytona Sunset Orange, later changed to Atomic Orange to get it to sell. Low percentage of sales but strongly defended as the best color out there by those that have them. Only 2,981 were produced out of total production of 37,372 and I haven't seen 2006 numbers yet to see if the color change got it out of the dumper.
--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51
rob wrote:

the 2007 Mustang is also available in orange..... color must be making a comeback
I seen both. DSOM was the better color.
Burnt orange is back and hot just peek at this and you will see Chevrolet is proud of this I cannot keep them on my lot
http://www.corvettemuseum.com/specs/2007/index.shtml
Eric Grube http://ezautostore.com
rob wrote:

is "proud" of that color and not just trying to sell it? Burnt orange is back from where, don't remember it being here the first time? I must admit that its second year sales are impressive. The more pickups you see it on the better it will get. Just out of curiosity how many have you sold and do you have any on "your lot" now?
2005
Red 29.5% (4 different shades) Black 21.4% Silver 18.4 % Blue 10.1% Orange 8% Yellow 7.4% (the hot color 5 years ago at 9.4% with a $600 premium) White 5.3%
2006
Black 26.7% Yellow 23.3% (new shade) Red 19% Silver 15.6 % Blue 10.7% Orange 4.5% (Hot?) White >1%
Spiral gray that came out in 2003 sold more than the orange (9%), and was dropped after the second year while out selling it again (10%).

Thanks Dad for the interesting stats. I've seen some white vettes tho not many and I guess your stats tell me why. For some reason, I usually like white cars but I've seen perhaps 2 white C5's and for me, white didn't do the car justice but beauty is in the eye of the beholder so if someone else loves white vettes, no problem. I have to admit, the burnt orange vehicles looked real nice, tho a bit too flashy for my taste.
<rob> wrote in message

The first C5 I drove was a white one and I ordered a black one because it made the big ass look smaller. White is only kept around because of the first one being white, JMHO, never had one but think they are much better than the orange. I think you either love it or hate it, no choice as far as I'm concerned. They dropped white one year IIRC and dropped black for a number of years, colors come and go and if we're lucky burnt orange will be dropped.
Dad wrote:

Durng my Sunday romp, I met up with a '38 Chevy business coupe--done in ermine white with burnt orange flames. Definitely a trendsetter!
Possibly an improvement over 'gunmetal' one of the trendsetting colors from the late 30's. -- PJ
, colors come

All Corvettes will be red next year, as it should be. That's all I have to say about that
kickstart

is considered a red. Many of the Corvette reds were actually orange, its red engine was the same , nearly, as Allis Chalmers orange. The shades of red would blow your mind and they all look awesome when freshly painted. Personally I like the blue tinted reds, over the yellow tinted. The reds seem to attract the Gestapo while the other colors will get by them. Well, that's almost true, the only Corvette I've ever gotten a ticket with is the one I'm driving now. Been stopped in most all of them but just a warning or a curious cop. My '98 would have been red but they dropped red interior that year, only had maroon, go figure.
--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51
rob wrote:
Any rumors about replacing the LeMans Blue with Nassau or something close to it in '08? The LeMans on the C6 has zero pop value. Traditional color or not, it does nothing for the car.

and in the sunlight. I had an 04 for about 9 months and it was dead when wet, shaded, a little dirty, and at night. The silver I now drive is just as good looking in all of those conditions and I spend less time cleaning it and more time driving it.
You may see more that just color changes in '08. There could well be a re-skin, update of the C6 along with another undeserved generation change to C7. As much as they have played with the red on this generation hopefully they will do something with the blue, but I've seen no indication there is anything coming soon. Not sure what they are doing but after waiting from the last of June telling the dealer what I wanted ordered until last week my order was cancelled by me. Not playing their game any more, stupid allotment BS.
With a sales jump of MINUS 3351 units from '05 to '06, even with 6272 Z06 being added, there is no doubt that GM has its finger on the pulse of Corvette sales. They must be spending to much time building XLRs, yeah right!
--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51